A Network Engineer is a key element within the Clearmind’s support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers. The Engineer must be able to apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of issues; while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way. The Engineer is expected to use initiative and advice on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, configure & troubleshoot:
- Complex Routing & Switching Environments
- LAN/WAN Networks
- Wireless Access Points & Controllers
- Virtualization Technologies
- Configure and troubleshoot remote access solution support:
- Site to site VPN’s
- SSL VPN’s
- Citrix/VMware VDI
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system.
- Follow change management and document processes for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Handle administrative duties to maintain good client and vendor relations.
- Participate in the On-Call Technician rotation.
- Stay current on industry trends and technology and complete vendor certifications as identified as critical to support existing and emerging technologies.
- Responsible for Day Shift support (9a – 6p)
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
- Approximately 3+ years’ experience working in a networking or systems engineering position.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Must be detailed in documenting information and practice good follow through techniques.
- General problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- General knowledge of DNS and networking fundamentals including diagnostics with Windows/Linux tools, and CLI familiarity across major networking platforms.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle for transportation to and from Clearmind’s office and remote sites as required.
- Work time may include some evenings and weekends.
- Submit to a background check prior to hiring.
- Desire to work in-office at Clearmind’s Los Angeles, CA location.
The most competitive candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certifications: MCSE, CCA, VCP, CCENT, CCNA-RS, CCNP-RS, CCNA-Security, CCNP-Security are a plus.
- Experience and Certifications with Fortinet, SonicWALL and HP Networking Switches.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
If interested, submit your resume (in Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations.